You are invited to help us shape the future of Brainwave
With your experience as a parent or carer of a child living with a neurological condition, or a young adult with a history of a childhood neurological condition, you may be an ideal candidate to join the Brainwave Consumer Advisory Committee for a one year term.
Brainwave Australia is establishing a Consumer Advisory Group (CAG) to provide advice and support directly to the Board of Directors.
We are looking for parents/guardians or immediate family members of children or adults with a history of living with a childhood neurological condition to join our inaugural CAG for a one year term.
The committee will be asked to provide feedback on a variety of matters, including but not limited to:
- addressing specific issues faced by families and children impacted by neurological conditions
- our strategic priorities
- the impact of government policies
- advocacy issues
- our programs, services, training and events planning
The 12 consumer representatives will be selected to reflect our diverse community and will be structured to have women and men of different ages, people living in metropolitan or rural locations, families who are registered with Brainwave and those who are not. We are particularly interested in hearing from:
- parents/guardians of a child with a neurological condition1
- carers/family members/ friends of a child with a neurological condition
- young adults (18 – 23) living with a neurological condition, or a history of living with a childhood neurological condition
- parents of graduated Brainwave children
The CAG will meet at least twice a year in person (for those members based in Melbourne only); several times by webinar/teleconference; and will conduct a lot of business by email.
There will also be opportunities to attend major Brainwave Australia events and mix with Brainwave Australia Board Directors and staff.
All expressions of Interest application forms must be submitted by the close of business on Wednesday 18th December 2019.
If you would like to discuss your interest in joining the CAG, please contact Dr Amy Timoshanko, Brainwave CEO on 1300 766 819.